“The “Master Mind” may be defined as: “Coordination of knowledge and effort, in a spirit of harmony, between two or more people, for the attainment of a definite purpose.”
No individual may have great power without availing himself of the “Master Mind.” In a preceding chapter, instructions were given for the creation of PLANS for the purpose of translating DESIRE into its monetary equivalent. If you carry out these instructions with PERSISTENCE and intelligence, and use discrimination in the selection of your “Master Mind” group, your objective will have been half-way reached, even before you begin to recognize it.”
So what does Desire, Faith, Auto-suggestion, Specialized knowledge, Imagination, Organized plants, Decision, and Persistence create?
It creates the possibility of large-scale action. Those of you interested in changing society might want to pay VERY careful attention now.
The previous steps can be accomplished alone. And in fact, the primary “Master Mind” is your own internal world. Various forms of meditation or self-hypnosis like the “Parts Party” or the “Ancient Child” are about aligning that internal world so that you aren’t fighting yourself.
But NO ONE has all the skills and knowledge necessary to achieve great success without assistance. Your first external “Master Mind” partner? Your spouse, significant other, husband or wife. The person you share your life with. That combination of love, sex, and business will either get your head straight or destroy you. This is one of the reasons for the “Soulmate Process” and its insistence that you prepare yourself to be the mirror-image or complement to your dream partner. Perfect preparation for the life you really desire.
But after that initial partnership? You need people. A few dozen partners and/or customers can build a great business, if you choose carefully. But if you want social change? You will have to create an empowering dream that can attract THOUSANDS at the least, and MILLIONS if you want to influence our nation.
“Think and Grow Rich” was written during the life of Mahatma Gandhi, and Hill makes a fascinating comment about this great man:
“We have already mentioned Mahatma Gandhi. Perhaps the majority of those who have heard of Gandhi, look upon him as merely an eccentric little man, who goes around without formal wearing apparel, and makes trouble for the British Government.
In reality, Gandhi is not eccentric, but HE IS THE MOST POWERFUL MAN NOW LIVING.
(Estimated by the number of his followers and their faith in their leader.) Moreover, he is probably the most powerful man who has ever lived. His power is passive, but it is real.”
A note: personally, I would say that Gandhi had a perfect “Tai Chi” energy, neither male nor female, but a blending of both. But if I had to say which dominated…I’d say the female energy. There was no way to directly confront the British Empire on a “male” level. The streets would have run with blood. But his tactics were almost perfect in a balanced or somewhat female perspective (IMO), and led to what Hill says to be arguably the greatest exercise of power in human history.
Just look at the vicious argumentation going on on any blog or Facebook political thread, and you’ll grasp the difficulty in creating a broad political alliance. Hell, it’s hard to get TWO people to agree. Getting TWO HUNDRED MILLION to agree is about as close to a miracle as I’d ever care to see.
How do you do this? Well, start by creating a “Master Mind” to accomplish some smaller goal. Remember:
Two or more people operating toward a common goal in perfect harmony.
Do NOT settle for large numbers at the cost of disharmony. The idea is that two or more minds working together in perfect harmony create a sort of “third group mind” that will have knowledge and ideas unavailable to either of them separately.
This step allows you to:
1) Model successful behaviors of members of your group.
2) Tap into the resources and knowledge of your group.
3) Access intuitive sources unavailable to individuals.
4) Increase your experience of dealing with people—critical to success on any save a trivial or personal level.
5) Increase energy available to accomplish work
6) Compensate for personal lack of creative or intellectual power.
And so on. Let’s look at the “Five part plan” and see how it operates in this framework.
1) Love yourself, accept yourself. Your “internal mastermind”
2) Expand “self” to include others. At least one person, your primary “external mastermind”
3) Understand the flow of history in a way that allows you to grasp humanity without guilt, blame, or shame. You will need a vision to unite your Mastermind. A coherent world view will help enormously. Leaders must have a vision.
4) Identify your Soul Tribe. You need not and CANNOT appeal to everyone. But a small group of committed people operating in harmony can out-perform a thousand milling individuals. And by allowing ONLY those who are in total alignment, working to a common purpose, you tap into that “super mind” energy, making you far more powerful than any individual without such support. And of course…you must learn to recognize Monsters, smiling or snarling. Avoid them, confront them, or build a coalition to confront them for you. But do NOT allow them to stop or intimidate you if your cause is righteous. How do you know it is righteous? PROTECT THE LEGITIMATE RIGHTS OF ALL, even those you disagree with. Come from compassion and love, not anger or fear.
5) Win. If you are interested in personal success, the meaning is obvious. But if your goals are aligned with larger purpose, your success becomes magnetic to others. Everyone wants to know how to “win” in whatever context winning is important to them: losing weight, gaining love, making money, changing laws. Win, in alignment with your values, using that leverage to attract new members of your Soul Tribe.
But your inner circle should expand VERY slowly, adding only one person at a time if they are TOTALLY committed and TOTALLY in alignment. Otherwise, it can be like having your left brain at war with your right brain. Conflict between Adult and Child, Creative and Management, Male and Female, and so forth.
Better to be alone than in a bad relationship. Better for it to be just you and your sweetie against the world than surround yourself with false friends who will sabotage your dreams.
The “Mastermind” is insanely powerful, multiplying your power MANY times. Meet at least once per week to discuss your plans. Teleconferences can be great (and services like www.freeconferencecall.com even record the calls for you free of charge!) and brainstorm, align, support and have them evaluate your plans.
Again, this is the ONLY known way to perform above your own level of intelligence, talent, or resources!
Don’t neglect it.